Hurray! Great offer for African American Students who wish to earn a degree in abroad. Apply for the Fully funded Scholarships for African American Students for the academic session 2021/2022. There are amazing educational opportunity provided by different universities and organizations for outstanding and deserving students.
Most of these scholarships are exclusively open for African Students and developing countries. They are designed to support the education of these students.
Here are the lists of scholarships available for African students, they are offered yearly. Take note of the deadline date and if the deadline has passed, stay tuned for the future application dates.
- University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program in Japan
- Common Wealth Scholarship
- Harambe Fletcher Scholarships for African Students in USA
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- American University Merit Scholarships
- Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships
Please be informed that scholarship providers may change details about their scholarship programme without notice. Therefore, always check the scholarship website for updated information
- 1 1. University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- 2 2. Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program in Japan
- 3 3. Commonwealth Scholarship
- 4 4. Harambe Fletcher Scholarships for African Students USA
- 5 5. Borlaug Fellowship Program for Developing Countries
- 6 6. American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- 7 7. American University Merit Scholarships
- 8 8. Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships
1. University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
The University of Toronto is in affiliation with the MasterCard Foundation to support the education of outstanding students. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program seeks to equip Africa’s rising future leaders. The educational opportunity will be granted to 67 African students to study at the university in Canada, one of the world’s top ranked university and in an exceptional learning environment.
Application Deadline: December/January
2. Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program in Japan
The Government of Japan and the World Bank are pleased to offer the Joint/Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program for those students from developing who wish to undertake a Masters degree programme.
Eligible students are to pursue a program of study related to development at the master’s level, in areas such as economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or another development-related subject.
Application for this program is Ongoing!
Here is the Application Link
3. Commonwealth Scholarship
Every year, the Commonwealth scholarship Commission invites each nominating agency university, or university body to forward a specific number of nominations for the commonwealth scholarship for developing countries.
The nominating agency/university/university body is responsible for their own selection process, and in most cases, they will set a closing date in the months prior to the CSC’s deadline for nominations. Approximately 200-230 scholarships are awarded each year.
4. Harambe Fletcher Scholarships for African Students USA
Harambe Fletcher Scholarships is a fully funded tuition fee award for young African entrepreneurial leaders who intends to undertake a master program offered by Tufts University, the Fletcher School.
Available Course Area:
- Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (MALD)
- A two-year, highly flexible, interdisciplinary, professional degree in international affairs
- Master of International Business (MIB)
- A two-year hybrid international business/international affairs degree program
Application Deadline: Applicants are required to complete their online application by December 30
5. Borlaug Fellowship Program for Developing Countries
The Norman E. Borlaug is offering an amazing Fellowship Program in International Agricultural Science and Technology. The educational programme seeks to help developing countries to increase sustainable agricultural practices by providing scientific training and collaborative research opportunities to visiting researchers, policymakers, and university faculty.
Degree Level: Masters in Agricultural Science and Technology
Application Deadline: 15 January
6. American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The American University is delighted to announce its Emerging Global Leader Scholarship to help provide access to good education and improve universal diversity. The educational programme is available to those students who wish to enroll in an undergraduate degree coursework. Consideration for this scholarship will b given to those students who have overcome several hindrances and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Application Deadline: It varies between December and January
7. American University Merit Scholarships
American University is offering partial scholarships on the basis of merit to International Students. These awards are not full scholarships.
They are competitively high and based on a combination of outstanding academic achievement, excellent communication skills in English, leadership, volunteerism, and community service. The grants ranged from U.S.$6,000 to U.S.$25,000 per academic year.
They are also renewable for the four consecutive years of study based on successful continued academic performance. Visit www.american.edu/admissions/international/first-year-merit.cfm for more details about the scholarship.
Application Process is On!
8. Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships
Colby-Sawyer College is glad to announce both its merit-based and need-based funding opportunity for high performing and deserving students. There are several scholarships such as: The merit-based scholarships, Founder scholarships, Presidential scholarships, etc.,It varies based on academic performance and range up to $24,000 per year.
Requirements: Academic Scholarships are automatically given on the basis of a student’s grade point average (GPA) or equivalent letter and number grades from the student’s Secondary School Transcript or College/ University Transcripts, if applicable. The college does not meet full financial needs.
Degree Level: Undergraduate degree
Application is Open
I believe you find this article useful, please share it with your friends through your various social media platforms by clicking the share button on this website.